You want to get some important files from your Android phone, and you left the phone at home mistakenly? How to get those important files or data by just using the internet? There may be dozens of ways to get the job done, but I am finding for a way which could really solve the problem. When I get to know SSHDroid application, I did not think the app will be offering that wide range of features. As most of the apps promise to provides the mind-blowing services. But at the end when we use them, we were like rubbing salt on the wounds.
Believe me, SSHDroid app really hit the nail, and you really will be impressed with the features of this application. SSHDroid is a simple SSH server working for an Android phone, which lets you connect to your device using PC and executing the commands using some extra shells.
How to use SSHDroid?
The use of this application may not be that easy. You need to watch some tutorials to get the right use of this application or get the help from a senior who gain the experience in using SSH servers.
- Download SSHDroid APK file from the given download link, we have provided you the latest version of this application.
- The app, though available on Google Play Store, but get it from here, But, at Play Store, you will not decide which one is the official.
- Install this application on your Android phone; you know how to handle the apps which are not downloaded from the Play Store.
- Install the application, and to open it you will be required to be connected to the internet.
- You need to have a rooted phone, to get the right use of this application, and give the root permission to this application.
- At the home screen of the application, you will view the service and log two tabs.
- See from there, either your status is ready or stopped.
- And also note down the address of your device, this will be needed to get the mobile phone connected to the SSH servers.
- Provide the username and admin password; remember these two things along with the address.
- Now, go to your PC from where you want to connect the mobile phone device to the server.
- Open CMD, or search for the CMD and type IPCONFIG.
- You will be provided with the list, just note the IPV 4 address.
- Type Ping and the IPV 4 in the same command prompt screen.
- You will be needed another software there, here I am using Putty, you can use another on the same niche.
- Open Putty, and specify the port to 222, along with the IP address IPV 4.
- Another screen will prompt.
- Provide here the username, and the admin.
- Remember the password we set on using SSHDroid admin screen.
- You will see your mobile phone’s data there, on the view.
- Get to see the data and get what you want to get from that screen.
If you don’t like the reading, then watch this SSHDroid video tutorial.
This is just a review of the application, SSHDroid to connect your mobile phones with the SSH server. For the Windows users, WinSCP is the application and for the remote shell is Putty what we used in getting the job done. So, guys get SSHDroid Pro app APK file from the given download link and install it on your Android phone, to access it using Windows in the times of emergency.